Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Object tracking using corss correlation

Cross correlation is a standard method of estimating the degree to which two series are correlated.Once the
straightforward representation for digital images is a two-dimensional signal, which are generally the outputs of
two-dimensional systems, we need the mathematical concepts used in the study of such systems.
A digital image can be represented as a two dimensional matrix. Its elements are called pixels and to each
pixel it is associated a color intensity or a grey-level value. In the case of color images, an usual color system is
the RGB one.

if two images are cross-correlated then the resultant signal results a peak where there is higher similarity. the location of the peak is the location of the object.

This is my simple experiment in Matlab







Download source code

10 comments:

  1. hello I appretiate you , you really done well, I need to do some similiar thing but I dont know how to do could you support me to do same thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello I appretiate you really done well, I need to do same thing but how can I do it in a month. Could you help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you.
      yes you can do even with in short time.
      will you give me your email.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sagar , i am romuald first of all congratulation for yourwork as it is an amazing one. i have been trying this without success as i got some issue on how to specify the template image.
    In fact the template image has to be smaller thnan the one collected from the camera and need to have the same size on both images .. how do u solve that please
    How to do create the template image and load it
    Need your expertise here ..please
    thak you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sagar , first of all , congratulations for your video , it is really , awesome, i have been trying to do somethng similar but without success. i even tried your code but got the same error" no realtime function for double"
    i don't know what is wrong , can u please assist me on your to perform the same tracking code on my PC pls
    Here is my email : kromuald13@yahoo.fr
    thx a lot
    have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.
      I need little more information. such as what cam that you are using and on what platform that you are working. etc.

      Delete
  5. Quick question for you, what's the resolution of the video? I'm able to do it correlation and find the images, but unable to do so in real time. A 480p image takes roughly 30s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please Do not for get to comment